Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danqiao_cheng
Community Member

Can't View Feedback Using Crocodoc

Jump to solution

Hi,

My instructor uploaded her comments using crocodoc, but I can't see it. After clicking on the "view feedback" button, the document is opened by previewer, and I can only see the original texts but not the comments. I can see it on my phone using canvas app though. Is there anyway I can see it on my laptop though?

Thanks!

Gloria

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@danqiao_cheng ​,  @jodell ​, and  @rrouvier ​, Canvas has resolved the issue with Crocodoc annotations. I looked at the annotations I made yesterday, and they are now visible to the student (with no additional action as a teacher necessary on my part). If students are not seeing the annotations, please follow up on your help tickets. Thanks for being patient and helping Canvas work through this problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @danqiao_cheng ​! Since you are able to see the feedback through the mobile app on your phone, but not on your laptop, I suspect there is an issue with the settings of the browser you're using on your laptop, particularly if you're trying to view your instructor's annotations through Internet Explorer. After confirming that you are following the steps listed in the Canvas Guide How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor using Crocodoc annotations?, try to access the comments through a different browser: if you're using IE, try Firefox, or if you're using Firefox, try Chrome. Please post back and let us know if you've had success!

Hello,

I am Gloria's instructor for this class, and many of my students are reporting the same problem. I submitted a document as a test student, commented on it using Crocodoc, and then tried to view it as a student using both Firefox and Chrome (on a PC). I also could not see the comments and annotations.

Ruth

@danqiao_cheng  and  @rrouvier ​, this is very odd. Since Gloria is able to see the Crocodoc comments through the Canvas App on her iPhone, we can rule out the possibility that the assignment is muted (although it wouldn't hurt to doublecheck that).

So I took steps to reproduce the issue--and sure enough, I was able to reproduce a problem with viewing Crocodoc annotations as a student. Specifically, I navigated to my own Demo Student's assignment and, using Firefox, I created annotations on the documents. As the teacher, I am able to view the annotations; however, when I logged in through Chrome as a student, I was unable to view the annotations I had just made.

This definitely warrants a help ticket. Both of you should submit help tickets directly from the screen(s) on which you are attempting to view the annotations. To submit a help ticket, click on the Help button at the upper right and select Report a Problem; if you are on the new UI, click on the question mark at the lower left of the screen and select the Report a Problem option. Describe the issue in detail, and if you'd like you can include the link to this Community discussion in your description.

@rrouvier ​, please ask each of your affected students to submit a ticket on this; the more cases Canvas Support has with which to work, the likelier it is that they can identify and quickly remedy the problem.

Thanks, stefaniesanders​. The assignment is definitely unmuted. I will ask my students to submit help tickets.

Great troubleshooting Ruth & Stefanie.  I just checked on this case and it is currently open.  Thank you for submitting a support ticket.

jodell
Community Participant

My classes is experiencing the same thing, and I've submitted a ticket.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@danqiao_cheng ​,  @jodell ​, and  @rrouvier ​, Canvas has resolved the issue with Crocodoc annotations. I looked at the annotations I made yesterday, and they are now visible to the student (with no additional action as a teacher necessary on my part). If students are not seeing the annotations, please follow up on your help tickets. Thanks for being patient and helping Canvas work through this problem.

View solution in original post

jodell
Community Participant

Thank you!

Julie Odell

Associate Professor, English Department

rgibson1
Community Champion

Stephanie, we're having this same problem (now). Has anyone else reported this issue?