Can't access Canvas on school wifi!

Jump to solution
andy_chow
Community Novice

Why can I not access canvas on my school's wifi network. I can use this website with the same laptop at home. Strangely, I can use my smartphone connected to the school wifi to access my account on canvas. I really don't get this restriction.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @andy_chow ...

It would be really difficult to determine here in the Canvas Community how your school's wi-fi network is set up.  However, what web browser are you using on your laptop?  Are you using either and up-to-date version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?  If not, I would highly recommend that you use one of those browsers and make sure that it's a current version.  If you're already using one of these browsers, try downloading the other one to see if you get different results.  You can learn more about supported web browsers by checking out this document: Which browsers does Canvas support?‌.  If, after all that, you are still not able to access Canvas on your school's wi-fi, I would highly recommend that you reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk.  They may be able to give you some additional help.  Here are a couple additional Guides for your reference on how to contact the Help Desk:

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Andy.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes