Can't access an assignment

Jump to solution
kayladube45
Community Novice

I'm trying to access an assignment, but when I go to assignments and click on it, it says "this assignment is part of an unpublished module and is not available yet." I went to the class's modules but the assignment is not listed there, only under the assignments. I asked my professor about it and she said that other students were able to access it. I can't seem to find another way to do so. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kayladube45  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I don't think your instructor is 100% correct, unfortunately.  The message about the assignment being in an unpublished module is something that she needs to double-check in her course.  While you may be able to see the assignment listed on the "Assignments" page of your course, your instructor may also have this assignment listed on the "Modules" page.  But, as you've suggested, you cannot see the assignment listed in any module on that screen.  Your instructor will need to ensure that the module itself is in a "published" state.  It's entirely possible that the assignment might be "published", but the module is not.  This is why you are seeing that message on your screen.  Please feel free to forward this link on to your instructor: How do I use Draft State in Modules?  In particular, have your instructor review the section about a third of the way down the Guide called "Publish a Module".

I hope this information will be of help to you and your instructor, Kayla.  Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

This exact same problem is happening to a students in my music class.  I checked the following.

The module is published.

The assignments are all published.

Other students have already submitted work for these modules.

What could be the problem?

View solution in original post

0 Likes