cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarongblack
Community Member

Can't add users who do not have an account. Help.

Jump to solution

I am having trouble with adding users who do not yet have an account. I have followed the procedure "click on people tab" > "+ People" > Send the invite via e-mail, but no one has received the e-mail. 

I saw a suggestion to add them manually by using the admin tab but I do not have an admin tab. I am the person setting this up so if I should have an admin tab please advise on how to get one (I am using the free for teacher version, if that matters). 

Please advise on how I can add users, or fix the issue of e-mails not being delivered that are sent out from CANVAS. 

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem resolved. The users were not invited because I had not "published" the course. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @aarongblack  , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I do not use FFT, and so am not an expert but I did find this response at Adding new users to FFT 

"

Use the following format:

John Smith <JohnSmith@example.com>;

Jane Smith <JaneSmith@example.com>;

If you must have first and last switched in order to sort (and the gradebook sort option won't work for you), then switch them around, but don't use commas.

It seems the boards are automagically adding some HTML.  The email section should be <JohnSmith(AT)example.com> only, with the (AT) changed to @.

Then, on the next page, click the checkbox above all user names fields - should add them in."

Also, I will share your question with the Free-For-Teachers‌ group, where the expertise you need hangs out.

Kelley

Thanks for the reply. I tried to formats <email@gmail.com> and <email(AT)gmail.com> and it still didn't work. Thanks for the reply though, and thanks for sharing on the Free-For-Teachers group. -Aaron

Problem resolved. The users were not invited because I had not "published" the course. Thank you.

View solution in original post

@aarongblack  

Thank you for the lesson in humility!  There I am, looking for the complex solution, when the simple one is staring me right in the face.

Or, as Bob Seger would say (emphasis mine)...............

"Here I am
On the road again
There I am
Up on the stage
Here I go
Playin' star again
There I go
Turn the page"
Kelley