cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccallicott
Community Member

Can't have a quiz and comments on the same Studio video assignment?

It appears to me that you can either use the quiz function, or the comments function, in an embedded studio video, but not both at the same time, is this true?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
peitzu_tsai
Community Member

Running into the same issue here. I want the video quiz to be checking points during the self-paced learning, but also want the comment function so people can ask questions about the video. Any insights?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @ccallicott and @peitzu_tsai ...

In my own testing, it does appear that Studio comments on a Studio Quiz cannot be used at the same time.  ☹️  When I tested this in my own sandbox course, I first embedded a Studio video that had a quiz question onto a page, and I selected the toggle switch for "Display Media Tabs".  When I played the video in Student View, the video skipped right over the quiz question I had created...like it wasn't there.  Then, I went back to edit the page.  I removed the embedded video, and then I re-embedded the video...this time without toggling the "Display Media Tabs" switch.  This time, the quiz was active for me in Student View.

I would suggest that if you want to see a change in this behavior within Studio that you submit it as a Feature Idea so that it can be evaluated by others here in the Community.  Here are some Guides to get you started:

I hope this will be of some help to both of you.  Take care...

Thank you. I've come to the same conclusion in my testing. I'd really like to see the feature - or at least mentioning that limitation in the instructions. I'm on my way to the feature request now, but, of course, it's too late for the upcoming semester.