cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnreddy
Community Participant

Can’t open iPhone app at all

Jump to solution

I cannot access iOS app at all: I had an iPhone 6s Plus and now I have iPhone X, but none of them could open canvas at all: it launches and crashes before it show anything. Is there any way to trouble shoot or see error log to get help?

! Thanks 

Tags (3)
29 Replies
johnreddy
Community Participant

I retrieved this error log from my current phone, and I hope this log could help with problem solving.

My canvas error log

Thanks!

madisonkarina‌  @rseilham ‌

johnreddy‌, 

Hrm, I'm not really sure what to say about this one. I have never heard of it crashing on one person like this. I would suggest that you report this directly to Instructure. Does your school have technical support for Canvas? If so, I would suggest you ask them to submit a ticket on your behalf - and include the crash logs. If not, let me know and I'll see what we can do. 

Hello again, johnreddy‌ - 

I’m curious if you were able to follow up with technical support for your school or Canvas support directly? If you find a fix, please share so others can benefit if they run into the same issues. Thanks! 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi johnreddy‌, 

I just wanted to follow up one last time before I assume this question answered. Please feel free to post back to this discussion if you were able to fix this issue, or still need assistance. Thanks!

johnreddy
Community Participant

Hi Ryan!

sorry did not see the follow up before. I would try asking the tech staff at my school next quarter. It still no help, I’ll try asking somewhere else. Thanks!

Ps, do you know where I could directly contact Instructure? I don’t know whether the tech staff at my school could really help because the problem happened before I was admitted to current school...

johnreddy‌, 

Thanks for the update. Let me dig deeper to see if I can find another resource to help you. 

johnreddy
Community Participant

Thanks a lot Ryan!

Hi johnreddy‌, 

I've received word that the latest update to the Canvas Student app, version 3.20 "should" solve your issue. Let me know if this helps. Thanks. 

johnreddy
Community Participant

Hi!

I tried to open the app, and I did got the canvas logo rotating for 1-2 seconds, but the app then crashes again. Still no luck, sadly. 

But thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for the update. Let me dig a little further. Thanks for holding on!