cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mworden
Community Participant

Can't unpublish a quiz (with no student activity)

Jump to solution

I'm trying to unpublish a quiz, but I receive a message that says "Can't unpublish if there are student submissions". I have checked and there has been no activity. Any idea how I can get around this? I have successfully unpublished 2 quizzes, but this one is being tempermental. Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well that's frustrating. Smiley Sad

My only recommendations are to (1) report it to Canvas support (while looking at the error message click on the Help link in Canvas and "Report a Problem") and/or (2) recreate it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

View solution in original post

43 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mworden ​, is there a chance that the test student may have taken this quiz? If so, or even if you're not sure, then clearing out (resetting) the test student stuff should fix the problem. Here's a guide that shows how to do this - How do I access Student View?

Let me know if that fixes the problem or if we need to troubleshoot some more!

mworden
Community Participant

Kona, the quiz results show that no one has attempted the quiz, however I will try what you suggest and let you know how it goes.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Give it a try and let me know. I know that's fixed the problem for me in the past, but sometimes (unfortunately) I've had to delete the quiz and re-add it in order to unpublish it. Smiley Sad

mworden
Community Participant

Unfortunately this did not solve the issue. What's weird is the quiz will tell me that there has been no activity, yet I still can't unpublish it.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well that's frustrating. Smiley Sad

My only recommendations are to (1) report it to Canvas support (while looking at the error message click on the Help link in Canvas and "Report a Problem") and/or (2) recreate it. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

View solution in original post

mworden
Community Participant

You were a big help. Thank you.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mworden ​, did you end up filing a ticket or recreating the quiz? If you filed a ticket could you let us know what you find out?

Thanks!

mworden
Community Participant

I have not yet (I've gotten very busy). I will and I'll let you know the result.