cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christilopolis
Community Member

Can the calendar from my Etudes classes be imported to show scheduled events and due dates on my canvas calendar?

I love the canvas calendar! I'm very visual so the color coding of my classes and buttons for the type of assignments is perfect. I actually used to take the time to write everything with colored pens into a calendar which is time-consuming, annoying, and subject to human error.

The problem is that my school is just now making the switch from Etudes to canvas so half my classes are on one site and half on the other. The Etudes site has a calendar in the dashboard that has upcoming events and due dates scheduled and it automatically updates too, but it's tiny, has no color, and only shows anything if you hover or click on the days. I never bother with it.

I'm really hoping there's some way to link them so my Etudes info can show up on the canvas calendar and I don't have to add every single thing from those classes myself. 

*I already tried going around this by adding the feed to a google calendar but lost the color coding and assignment symbols which is the whole reason I want to use it :smileyconfused:

Tags (1)
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @christilopolis ‌...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered for almost two months.  Smiley Sad  It appears that you may have stumped members of the Canvas Community with your question.  Since your initial posting, have you been able to come up with a solution on your own that you would be willing to share with us here?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance?  If you could please come back to this topic and provide an update, that would be great...thank you!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again,  @christilopolis ‌...

I am checking in with you again because we still have not heard from you.  I am hopeful that you've been able to come up with a solution to your question since you first posted this question at the end of January.  As requested above, please come back here to the Community to provide an update for us so that, if need be, we can help you with your question.  Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you, Christi!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @christilopolis ‌...

Since we have not heard from you, I am hopeful that you've been able to find a solution to your question that you had on January 30th.  I wanted to let you know that I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because an answer has been provided, but because we've not heard from you for quite some time.  If you do come back to this thread, please provide us with an update as time allows.  Thank you, Christi!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Also,  @christilopolis ‌...

I will share your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/etudes-migration-tool-users?sr=search&searchId=38d9134a-6cf7-...‌ group in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following that group, please click on the link I've provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the page.  Thanks.