Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorsi

Can we delete video/audio files uploaded to Kaltura via Rich Content Editor?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to delete video/audio files uploaded to Kaltura via the media button in the Rich Content Editor?

We just have the standard integration of Kaltura for Canvas. As the admin, I don't see any way to manage Kaltura and check on what's going on there.

A faculty member is concerned about videos uploaded this way since we don't see any way to access Kaltura...

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gorsi ​,

Do you have your own license of Kaltura or are you talking about what is built into Canvas?  If this is the built in application (Instructure moved away from Kaltura about a year ago) you do not have the ability to delete the actual video files from the application (called Notorious, I believe) but the system is cleaned up once the files have no longer been access for a certain amount of time.

Robbie

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gorsi ​,

Do you have your own license of Kaltura or are you talking about what is built into Canvas?  If this is the built in application (Instructure moved away from Kaltura about a year ago) you do not have the ability to delete the actual video files from the application (called Notorious, I believe) but the system is cleaned up once the files have no longer been access for a certain amount of time.

Robbie