cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frisbie_angela
Community Member

Can you add a status in gradebook for assignments?

I want to be able to change an assignment status to pending (or something like that) meaning the student has asked a question, I have answered and I am waiting for their response. This way I know who I need to follow up with and who I have already.

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @frisbie_angela ...

There are only five available status options in the Gradebook, and you cannot customize them at this time.  How do I change the color for a grading status in the Gradebook?.  There were a couple of Feature Ideas in the Community from a couple years ago I found related to this, but they were moved to Cold Storage‌ due to lack of interest/votes by Community members.  You might consider submitting a new Feature Idea here so that people get a chance to review it and vote on it if they feel it would be of benefit to them, too.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Angela.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Be well...stay safe.

ErinMoon
Community Member

Yes, this should definitely be moved out of "cold storage"!  If there could be a few customizable buttons, students and their guardians could have a much clearer understanding of a grade. This would also support teacher work flow.   

lhineman
Community Member

It would also be nice to label an assignment when a student is absent. 

aduggar
Community Member

I'd love to have this option so I could color-code students who have received an extension. I'd have a clearer idea of when to follow up and what kind of followup was necessary without digging through comment threads.

Maretunes
Community Member

I would LOVE to be able to color code and edit the labels. I would especially like to add "Reassigned" since there is no way to see if it is reassigned except to lose your place by having to go to SpeedGrader. With 175 students, color coding is so helpful.