cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unru8306
Community Member

Can you assign different points to different answers in a quiz?

Jump to solution

I am currently developing a biology course and the teacher gives a different number of points for different answers in one question. I have not figured out how to do points this way through Canvas Quizzes. Do you know if this is possible or will the quizzes all have to be reworked?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

unru8306, if I'm reading your question correctly, you're asking whether you can assign differing point values to the answer choices within a question--in which case, no, Canvas does not currently support that functionality. Smiley Sad

But: Keep an eye on Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine​! It's quite possible that that quiz question type (and many others) will be incorporated into that massive quiz refactor project.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

unru8306​, yes, you can assign different point values to different quiz questions, but only if the questions are NOT part of a question group. The questions would have to get added outside of the question group and then could be assigned individual point values.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

unru8306, if I'm reading your question correctly, you're asking whether you can assign differing point values to the answer choices within a question--in which case, no, Canvas does not currently support that functionality. Smiley Sad

But: Keep an eye on Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine​! It's quite possible that that quiz question type (and many others) will be incorporated into that massive quiz refactor project.

View solution in original post

Yes that's exactly what I was asking - thank you for your insight. I'll definitely keep an eye on the Modern Quizzing Engine.

daniel_stauffer
Community Member

Hello,

I've found no quiz creation software that does this. If Canvas can, it would certainly be a very good feature. The reason I need it is to make surveys. There are many examples of surveys where, depending upon your answer, you would receive a different point; at the end you'd add up the points; then look at a table. If there were software where I could build such a survey, and one that would even kick out the result, that would be excellent. Canvas, with everything else on your plate, this is definitely one area where you would leave all the competition behind.