Can you drop lowest scoring assignment group? If not can you manually adjust total points possible?

Jump to solution
calonzo
Community Member

Hello, 

In service of being accommodating to the varying personal situations our students are facing this year I chose to drop their two lowest performing weeks. In Canvas, I grouped the assignments by week (assignment group = week 1, week 2, etc.) and each assignment group contains approximately 5 assignments/quizzes/discussion boards etc.). I know you can drop/excuse/not count individual assignments but I want to drop the assignment group. Is this possible?

My hunch is that it's not. If so, then is is possible to manually adjust the total possible points for the course and manually enter the total points earned?

Thanks!

Crystle

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @calonzo 

You cannot accomplish this in Canvas automatically. You could weight one of your assignment groups to contribute zero percent to the students' final grades, but not every student would have the same week as their worst week.

You can manually override your gradebook's final scores if your school permits teachers to do that. See, How do I override a student's final grade in the Gradebook?

Additionally, you could also create a new Idea Conversation for this functionality in this community.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post