Community Member

Can you duplicate a quiz?

Can you duplicate a quiz?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
jmnau
Community Participant

Hi  @laura_decheine 

Duplicating quizzes was developed for Quizzes.Next (Priority: Quizzes.Next: General Availability). Unfortunately it is not available for the "old" version of Quizzes. 

Learn more about Quizzes.Next in the Canvas Instructor Guide - Table of Contents‌ under Quizzes.Next.

One solution I have seen teachers use to duplicate a quiz is to export and then re-import a quiz. Make sure you title them differently or it gets a bit glitchy. I haven't done this for a while so I can't promise it still works!

Hope that helps!

Julei

Thank you! That was very helpful!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @laura_decheine  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  There is another way that you could duplicate a quiz.  This involves using this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13101-4152497985  As you go through this Guide, you'll actually be selecting the exact same course that you are already logged into.  When you do this, you'll see a message that warns you that are basically copying content into the same course, but that's perfectly fine for this case.  When you get the opportunity, following these steps, select the quiz that you want to make a copy of, and then complete the course import.  It should make a copy of the quiz in your course, and you can then make any modifications necessary to that new copy.  Would this solution work for your needs?