Can you ignore the due date and just use available from...until?

Jump to solution
gilgamesh
Community Novice

I am setting up another set of quizzes for my classes. The first time I did this, one student only looked at the due time and date that was on the home page and thought that was when the quiz started, so she missed the quiz.

For my second set of quizzes, what if I ignore the due date box altogether and just put in time and dates for available from--until? Is the due date even necessary?

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@gilgamesh  

Do not leave the due date blank if there is a time the students should have it done by.

You can make the available until date be after the due date, but you need the due date or it won't show up on student's To Do list, course calendar, syllabus page (at least in the right spot), grades page (when sorted by due date), etc.

The student who was confused is going to be confused no matter what or they were lying to you to try to get you to let them take it.

They may have been looking at just the To Do list, which is common among students. Students who live by the To Do list die by the To Do list. The To Do list only shows the Due Date.

If they click on Assignments, they see something like this with the available until and due dates clearly distinguished.

348979_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post