cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Community Champion

Can you import comments on grades?

Jump to solution

We still do a lot of exams via Scantron. We send them a stack of answer sheets; they send us a .csv with three columns - student ID, grade, and a "notes" column that says which items each student got wrong. This is critical for our students to understand how they did on their exam. In our old LMS, we could import those grades with their attached comments. Is there a way to do this in Canvas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily ​, unfortunately per the following guide - How do I upload changes to the Gradebook? - "CSV file uploads can create assignments and update grades; they cannot update any other area of the Gradebook, such as assignment status or comments."

Yet, there is a Canvas Feature Idea for this feature that is already open for voting - . My recommendation is to vote and comment on why this feature is important and useful to your faculty and students.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily ​, unfortunately per the following guide - How do I upload changes to the Gradebook? - "CSV file uploads can create assignments and update grades; they cannot update any other area of the Gradebook, such as assignment status or comments."

Yet, there is a Canvas Feature Idea for this feature that is already open for voting - . My recommendation is to vote and comment on why this feature is important and useful to your faculty and students.