Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingrid_hames

Can you link more than two sections?

Jump to solution

I figured out how to link two sections of a course by "cross listing" them, but can I link three sections of the same course? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ingrid_hames  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If I recall correctly, I believe this should be possible.  Let's say that you have three courses: A, B, and C.  You've already logged in to course B and used the Guide to cross-list this course with Course A.  (How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor? )  So, now all your enrollments for both Course A and Course B are located in Course A.  Now, you should be able to log in to Course C, use the directions in that Guide to cross-list it with Course A, and then you should see enrollments from all three courses in Course A.

Hope this helps, Ingrid.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ingrid_hames  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If I recall correctly, I believe this should be possible.  Let's say that you have three courses: A, B, and C.  You've already logged in to course B and used the Guide to cross-list this course with Course A.  (How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor? )  So, now all your enrollments for both Course A and Course B are located in Course A.  Now, you should be able to log in to Course C, use the directions in that Guide to cross-list it with Course A, and then you should see enrollments from all three courses in Course A.

Hope this helps, Ingrid.

Thank you for your help!