cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheryl_colan
Community Contributor

Can you organize account or sub-account level rubrics into folders/groups?

Jump to solution

I know you can create an Outcomes group. I feel like I have seen examples of account or sub-account level Rubrics being grouped or organized into folders. But I can't figure out how to do it, and searching the documentation and Q/A here isn't turning up any insight. Can this be done? If so, how?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Oh, good grief...yes, so you did.  My apologies.  I not only can't think of original names this morning, I obviously can't read, either.  The short answer is no, unfortunately. I thought there were past Feature Ideas that asked for this, but during a cursory search of the current ones, I don't spot anything.  This sounds like it may make a good Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109-how-does-the-voting-process-work-for-feature-ideas 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @cheryl_colan   - Yes, you can create GROUPS in your OUTCOMES area, and the result look like the folders that you may have remembered seeing.  There is some documentation here: How do I create outcome groups for an account?  

You can even create groups within groups, kind of like subfolders.  Here's one that I just whipped up in a test account:

Subgroups in Outcomes

So, I created two groups at the root level:  Testing and Testing 2.  Within the Testing 2 group, I created another group (I clicked in the Testing 2 folder and clicked +Group), called Subgroup in Testing 2.  (I can't come up with original names this early...sorry.)  And finally, my first created outcome within that Subgroup in Testing 2 group is "Research Skills."

Anyway, this is long way of demonstrating that the folders you referenced are groups, and (I guess) subgroups/subfolders.

I hope this helps a bit, Cheryl!

cheryl_colan
Community Contributor

Thank you for answering, Ken, but this doesn't help me because my question is regarding Rubrics, not Outcomes. 

kblack
Community Champion

Oh, good grief...yes, so you did.  My apologies.  I not only can't think of original names this morning, I obviously can't read, either.  The short answer is no, unfortunately. I thought there were past Feature Ideas that asked for this, but during a cursory search of the current ones, I don't spot anything.  This sounds like it may make a good Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109-how-does-the-voting-process-work-for-feature-ideas 

View solution in original post

cheryl_colan
Community Contributor

Thank you, Ken. I don't think you can do this for Rubrics at this time. When I get a little free time I'll submit it as a Feature Idea.

jknippers
Community Participant

Hi Cheryl,

Did you submit this as a feature idea or find out any further information? We have the same problem that our rubric library has become very large and unfriendly (primarily thanks to our education department! LOL). Unfortunately, we cannot utilize them on the sub-account level as that would help due to the fact that all of our primaries have been built on the main account level. I would love to vote for this idea, and encourage others to as well, if you have submitted it.

cheryl_colan
Community Contributor

I never did make the time to submit the request, @jknippers - this COVID year created a bunch of different priorities.