cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Community Champion

Can you restrict graders to one assignment?

Jump to solution

We are considering using upperclassmen as TAs to grade certain formative exercises for younger students. Ideally, we'd like to give them permission to grade 2-3 assignments, but restrict their ability to make grade changes on any of the other assignments. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily , The permission to grade is provided for a course role, not by assignment so if you allowed it for one assignment it would automatically be granted for all assignments in the course. The only thing I can think of is to add them as students and make the assignments peer reviewed assignments. You could then manually assign the upper class students to peer review different regular students. The teacher for the course would still need to go in and review and approve/update the grade, but it would prevent the upper class students from seeing the grades or changing them from the other assignments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily , The permission to grade is provided for a course role, not by assignment so if you allowed it for one assignment it would automatically be granted for all assignments in the course. The only thing I can think of is to add them as students and make the assignments peer reviewed assignments. You could then manually assign the upper class students to peer review different regular students. The teacher for the course would still need to go in and review and approve/update the grade, but it would prevent the upper class students from seeing the grades or changing them from the other assignments.

View solution in original post

emily
Community Champion

Thank you! That's a great idea - I think everyone would be more comfortable with that option, anyway. Smiley Happy

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

My guess as well, but I'm glad you think it will work for you!