cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuchner
Community Contributor

Can you see submission time to the second on document submissions?

Jump to solution

With quizzes, when I download the .csv to look at my student responses, there's a column that gives student submission time to the second. Is there a way to see the submission times to the second for a document submission?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jbuchner ‌ - I have not seen a place where the end-user can easily see this, but if you download and use  @James ‌' wonderful Canvancement called https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6061-obtaining-and-using-access-report-data-for-an-entire-c... you will.  It is very easy to install and run on your own.

I just checked against a previous course, and I can verify that the resulting .csv does indeed give the submission time down to the second.  In the case of assignments, you will want to find the assignment name and ensure that the "Action" column for the student indicates "participated."  To be sure, this script gives you everything so far in a course, but it's easy enough to isolate on the .csv file a specific assignment, etc.  You will likely find it of use for many other things in a class, as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jbuchner ‌ - I have not seen a place where the end-user can easily see this, but if you download and use  @James ‌' wonderful Canvancement called https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6061-obtaining-and-using-access-report-data-for-an-entire-c... you will.  It is very easy to install and run on your own.

I just checked against a previous course, and I can verify that the resulting .csv does indeed give the submission time down to the second.  In the case of assignments, you will want to find the assignment name and ensure that the "Action" column for the student indicates "participated."  To be sure, this script gives you everything so far in a course, but it's easy enough to isolate on the .csv file a specific assignment, etc.  You will likely find it of use for many other things in a class, as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post