cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristen_anderse
Community Member

Can you set grading schemes without percentages or letter grades?

Jump to solution

Would love to know if this is possible! Smiley Happy Would like to just have a grading scheme with simplistic criteria and no percentages or letter grades. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kristen_anderse  and welcome to the Community!  I have only used grading schemes a little bit so perhaps someone knows of something I do not, but you should be able to have a grading level in a grading scheme labeled how you would like (pass/fail, excellent-poor, even emojis--Grade with Emoji), but these will always be set based on a percentage range the student received on the assignment (see How do I add a grading scheme in a course?).  I'm not sure if this will work in your situation but hopefully it helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kristen_anderse  and welcome to the Community!  I have only used grading schemes a little bit so perhaps someone knows of something I do not, but you should be able to have a grading level in a grading scheme labeled how you would like (pass/fail, excellent-poor, even emojis--Grade with Emoji), but these will always be set based on a percentage range the student received on the assignment (see How do I add a grading scheme in a course?).  I'm not sure if this will work in your situation but hopefully it helps!

View solution in original post

Hi Eric!

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this

information. Thank you so very much! Smiley Happy

Best,

Kristen