cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pveeramachaneni
Community Member

Cannot retrieve Grading Tables data using API call

I am not able to retrieve  grading_period_factgrading_period_score_factgrading_period_dim,  grading_period_group_dimgrading_period_score_dim tables (All the Canvas Grading Tables) from Canvas using API call. Is this something to do with the account I use  or these grading tables are protected and cannot be retrieved?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @pveeramachaneni  , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I suspect you do not "download" the tables; but rather, make API calls to retrieve data from those tables. However, since your question is very technical, I am going to share it with the Canvas Developers‌ group, where there is considerable expertise.

Kelley

Hi Kelley,

Yes, I make API call to retrieve data from those tables. Thanks for correcting me and sharing the question with the Developers Group.

anna_lamb
Community Participant

I also had same problem.  I used CanvasDataCLI tool to fetch those tables and no data return.  It turns out that we don't use 'Grading Periods' in our Canvas instance, therefore there is no data.  Are you using Grading Periods?

Anna, Thanks for the update. Let me check with the Admin team on this. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @pveeramachaneni ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reach out and let us know. Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart