cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinm
Community Contributor

Canvabadges not awarding any students badges no matter what parameters I set...

Hello!

I am new to Canvabadges, and I tried to set one up today, and I discovered that no matter what parameters I set (credits, modules, percentages), it was awarding all students the badge.

Either I didn't set this up correctly, or there is a bug. Any ideas?

Could you help,  @jward ​???

Tags (2)
9 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jared is definitely the expert on Canvabadges! Have you seen his post - Badges for Learning - for additional resources?

hardinm
Community Contributor

On further review it is doing the opposite: it is awarding no one the badges and even with the "award manually" button NOT ticked, it does not award badges.

If you can send me a screenshot of your badge requirement, and a screenshot of your module requirement, I can help you figure it out.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

We haven't heard from you lately,  @hardinm ​; did you get your CanvaBadges to work?

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@hardinm ​, since we haven't heard back from you, we're going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The question remains open for participation, so if you still need help with this, please feel free to post a follow-up comment to "bump" the discussion.

hardinm
Community Contributor

Sorry, it never really panned out for me, as it was no longer worth my time to get it working. It never resolved, and I lost track of tracking answers here. Sorry.

hardinm
Community Contributor

I did not get it to work

lesley_cryderma
Community Contributor

Ms. Hardin,

What we have found is that the only setting that seems to work reliably, is to automatically award badges based on module completion.  The key, is to then go into your module and set requirements on EVERY item in the module that you wish them to complete in order to earn the badge.  Without that, it performs unreliably.

nssteeves
Community Member

So is there no way to award a badge at the end of an assignment?