cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clare_smith
Community Participant

Canvabadges resubmitted assignments

Hi, has anyone who is using Canvabadges encountered a problem with it awarding the badge when the related assignment has been re-submitted?

We have set the badge to be awarded should the student achieve the required mark in the sole assignment in a module. After some investigate - it seems it requires us to manually award when the low mark has been entered, but doesn't recognise the new higher mark following submission.

We are using the badges to award staff for development of their Canvas course/skills.

many thanks!

Clare

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @clare_smith ‌...

I'm sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered in the Community since January 10th.  Though I do not have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to come up with a solution?  Or, are you still looking for assistance with this?  If you've found a solution, please come back here to post an update for members of the Canvas Community.  Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with someone from Instructure who may be able to provide additional help.  Hopefully, you'll get a response from this person, too.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Clare.

lesley_cryderma
Community Contributor

Chris, is there someone at Instructure that IS able to help?  I was under the impression it was no longer being supported.  We are having questions and issues ourselves....

Hello  @ ‌...

I've reached out to a few Community Managers to see if they can get the ball rolling on this one...thanks!

lesley_cryderma
Community Contributor

That would be amazing!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@clare_smith ‌ and  @ ‌, while this doesn't directly address the original question, I thought you might be interested in this related conversation: https://community.canvaslms.com/message/65160-canvabadges-replacement 

jward
Instructure
Instructure

@clare_smith ‌  @ ‌ there are a few of us here at Instructure who still use Canvabadges and can help with questions when they come up. This question about regrading for automatic badge awarding is consistent with the experience I have had with Canvabadges. The solution for me is to check badges as the course facilitator from time to time and award the badges that have actually been awarded (easy to check against module completion most times).

Also, as stefaniesanders‌ mentioned, you might look at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/partnerships/credly?sr=search&searchId=7d2a8099-5c...‌, https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/partnerships/badgr?sr=search&searchId=1d42c6c2-9c5...‌, and https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/partnerships/accredible?sr=search&searchId=f785f81...‌ for other badging options.

I hope this is helpful info for you.

Best,
Jared.

clare_smith
Community Participant

Hi  @jward  and everyone,

Thanks for the replies, which I somehow missed!

We are using Canvabadges heavily with our badging of teaching staff for the development of their Canvas skills and courses; a huge part of our drive to help and improve Canvas use. 

Would you recommend looking at another system? I'm about to set up our next level of badges and worried that this will impact at a horrible time of year! 

thanks!

Clare 

Hello  @clare_smith ‌...

Because it's been almost two months since there's been any new activity in this topic, I wanted to check in with you.  Has your question been answered?  Are you still looking for some help with any outstanding questions that you might have about this topic?  If you feel that any of the above responses are "Correct", please go ahead and mark it as such.  However, please let us know if you still have any outstanding questions.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because this topic has been a bit quiet for a while.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Clare!