cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canderson
Community Member

Canvabadges

Jump to solution

I am using badges for a course.  I want to create the badges right now, and then when I have more time, make them more attractive.  In the meantime, some users may be awarded the not-so-cool badges.  Will the badge design update on their profile if I edit it after it is awarded?  Or will the edited badge be given a new link?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Champion

I just tried changing a badge design (keeping the same name, and using the badge designer tool), and it updated for the user who had been awarded the badge. So the answer seems to be yes. One thing I don't know is what happens if the person has exported the badge to their Mozilla Backpack. It's possible the old design will linger there...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

I just tried changing a badge design (keeping the same name, and using the badge designer tool), and it updated for the user who had been awarded the badge. So the answer seems to be yes. One thing I don't know is what happens if the person has exported the badge to their Mozilla Backpack. It's possible the old design will linger there...

View solution in original post

travis_thurston
Community Champion

canderson

That would work to update them later as  @tdelillo ​ explained in her response. We did that in one of our courses recently, and I just tested again to verify. We however did not use the Badge Designer like Tracey. We added our own image from the web, so it looks like you can do it either way and it will work.

If the badge has been exported to Mozilla Backpack it can also be update by re-exporting earned badges from the course.

Thanks Travis this is very helpful info!

Cherie Anderson

Granite School District

801-440-5086

Life's too short to remove USB drive safely.