cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandren_kreps
Community Participant

Canvas App

Jump to solution

Is anyone having trouble with the Canvas app? When I click on the App on my Iphone it opens and shows me my "favorite courses". When I click "all courses" the App closes. The student is having the same issue. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I made sure my phone software was up to date but it still shuts down every time I click "All Courses". Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
austin
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the inconvenience some of you may be experiencing with this issue. I've got both bad and good news for you;

The BAD: iOS 9.1 introduced a lot of issues found in its Key Value Observing, which is what our app is primarily built around. Apple is aware of these issues and has iOS 9.2 already in its Beta stage, that is targeted to fixing this issue many apps are experiencing.

The GOOD: Aside from Apple already working on resolving this issue, we may release an update to fix this issue faster. Our devs are currently working on a new UI that no longer uses a "Favorites / All Courses" option, getting rid of this issue altogether.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mandren.kreps​...

I just tested this on my iPhone 5 via wi-fi, and I did not have any issues.  Like you, my Canvas app is up-to-date, and so is the iOS version.  You might want to reach out to Instructure's Help Desk staff to report this as a bug.  You can do this by clicking on your avatar icon at the top right corner of the app and then selecting "Help" >> "Report a problem".

Hope this helps!!!

d21585h
Community Contributor

I suggest that you try the following:

1. Log out of the app
  2. Delete the app
  3. Do a soft reset
  4. Reinstall the app

Good luck!

mandren_kreps
Community Participant

I have completed all 4 steps listed above and I am still getting the same response from the App. It shuts off when "all courses" is clicked.

I'm having the same issue on my iPad 2.

@canvas_admin ​ and mandren.kreps​...

No issues on my iPad 2, either.  I would still recommend that you let Instructure know by using the steps I outlined earlier today...even if the soft reset didn't work.

rake_9
Community Champion

We have a student user with an iPhone 6s who reports that that Canvas app will freeze or exit suddenly.  I have no more information than that at this point, but I was wondering if there was any community insight or wisdom.

austin
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the inconvenience some of you may be experiencing with this issue. I've got both bad and good news for you;

The BAD: iOS 9.1 introduced a lot of issues found in its Key Value Observing, which is what our app is primarily built around. Apple is aware of these issues and has iOS 9.2 already in its Beta stage, that is targeted to fixing this issue many apps are experiencing.

The GOOD: Aside from Apple already working on resolving this issue, we may release an update to fix this issue faster. Our devs are currently working on a new UI that no longer uses a "Favorites / All Courses" option, getting rid of this issue altogether.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post