Canvas Apps

Jump to solution
Wombat
Community Member

Hello Canvas community, I was wondering if someone can answer a question that I have.  The school I teach at uses  canvas courses that are in evolve elsevier platform.  The shell provided does not have the apps tab in the settings  (course section  navigations (missing- apps)  feature options).  The strange thing is that I accidently came across the canvas apps and installed the redirect app with no problem.  Unfortunately I cannot figue out how to access these apps again.  Any advice? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello and thank you for responding to my question.  It is my understanding that seven years ago the founders of Canvas integrated Edu Apps (LTI tools) as a default into the canvas shells.  Normally, if I wanted to add an app like "redirect" I would just go to settings, choose apps and find what was needed.  The issue is that the Canvas course that I am building does not have the "app" option available in the settings.  However, after much trial and error I was able to somehow find the edu apps available and implement the redirect function.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to remember how I did this and I would like to know how to add appswithout the app tab visible.  

The Tabs read as (course details, sections, navigation, feature options).  The app tab is not present? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes