Canvas Certified Educator Higher Education Program - NEED DETAILS

Jump to solution
hbrown5018
Community Participant

Hello, 

I'm trying to obtain more information on the Certified Educator program in HE. Here's the link to the current listing of CORE courses ( https://learn-cce.catalog.instructure.com/browse/cce-he) however, there isn't much in the way of details of the program. What is the cost? Are there prerequisites, do you have to start with the first CORE course? 

If someone can point me in the right direction or provide more information, I would greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks so much! Heather 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Heather! Thanks for your questions!

The Canvas Certified Educator program's website might have some additional details that you haven't seen yet. We also have a CanvasLive recording from when we kicked off the program that might also be helpful: Canvas Mastery and Certification with the Canvas Certified Educator Program. The courses, as you pointed out above, are listed for purchase in our Catalog. There are additional details about the courses in the Catalog, including a longer description of each and the price per course. We do have separate certifications for higher ed and K12. The topics are the same, but the content is tailored for the individual needs of each group of educators. 

As far as the prerequisites and progression, it is designed for folks who know the Canvas basics - this isn't a training on the basics of Canvas. That's really the only prerequisite. The program, then, is set up as a progression: participants start with CORE 1: Foundational Frameworks, and then progress through the rest of the core courses. There are four core in total. After CORE 4, participants choose from four elective pathways - Effective Assessment, Limitless Learning, Cultural Connections, Inspired Leadership - and take two electives in the track of their choice to complete their certification. 

The courses start every six weeks. Each course has four weeks of content. Courses are lead by an engaging facilitator who communicates with participants and provides feedback. At the conclusion of each course, a badge is awarded through Badgr. Each course is also aligned to a Digital Promise micro-credential. Participants can choose to apply for those micro-credentials through Digital Promise if they wish. 

The CCE program kicked off in November with our first Cohort - Cohort A. Cohort A is currently completing CORE 4 and is getting ready to move into the electives in May. I frequently tweet about what our participants have to say about the program. One of my favorites is this one:

EtK1KyXXUAEiIG1.jpeg

Feel free to ask me additional questions! I'm happy to help with whatever you need!

View solution in original post

erin_keefe
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @hbrown5018 ! 

The courses are asynchronous. There are no live sessions. There are suggested due dates, and asynchronous participation in Discussions is an important component of the courses. 

We estimate 10 hours per course. About 2 hours per week of content.

Yes, we offer a discount for 20 or more participants.

We do have a program outline/syllabus that I can send to you. 

View solution in original post