cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubbartt
Community Member

Canvas Conference and recording webcam interaction

Jump to solution

I have a strange question; I need to record at least two students' interaction with one another via webcam in a Canvas Conference.  Is that possible? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ffdixon
Community Champion

Hi Jason,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton (and the CEO of Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for BigBlueButton to Instructure).

If when recording is eanbled and users are sharing webcams, BigBlueButton will record them for you (be sure to click the Start/Stop Record button to start the recording).  Here's an playback of a recording with three webcams

178048_pastedImage_0.png

During playback, uses can click the <- -> button in the playback toolbar, to swap the presentation view and webcam view. 

178049_pastedImage_1.png

This makes it easy to see the webcams.

There is no limit on the number of webcams you can share (or record) in a conference.  We saw one school have a session with 21 webcams shared.  That was pretty cool.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hubbartt ​...

I am not entirely sure what the correct answer is to your question, but I am going to tag  @ffdixon ​in this posting so that he can help answer your question. I know I've seen past posting from him here in the Canvas Community, so I'm sure he'll be happy to respond as it relates to Big Blue Button (Conferences) in Canvas.  Hope this helps!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hubbartt ​, could you possibly provide more information on what you're trying to do? Do you mean that the students will be using their webcams so you can visibly see them in the Canvas Conference and you want to record this? If so, then yes, the whole conference will be recorded. If you're going to need to edit the conference to just a small part of the bigger conference then you might want to record the recording of the conference with a different tool that you can use to edit the video down just to the part you need.

ffdixon
Community Champion

Hi Jason,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton (and the CEO of Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for BigBlueButton to Instructure).

If when recording is eanbled and users are sharing webcams, BigBlueButton will record them for you (be sure to click the Start/Stop Record button to start the recording).  Here's an playback of a recording with three webcams

178048_pastedImage_0.png

During playback, uses can click the <- -> button in the playback toolbar, to swap the presentation view and webcam view. 

178049_pastedImage_1.png

This makes it easy to see the webcams.

There is no limit on the number of webcams you can share (or record) in a conference.  We saw one school have a session with 21 webcams shared.  That was pretty cool.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

hubbartt
Community Member

Awesome thank you!  This answered my question and allows me to have rich content for my students.  Thanks again!