cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allie-B
Community Member

Canvas Dashboard not loading

I've been using Canvas for a few years now, haven't had any issues with anything, including the use of my browser (Microsoft Edge). However today when I go on Canvas, I'm met with a dashboard with three pulsing cards where my classes should be. The icons that represent where my classes are listed, my profile picture and one other are missing. When I click on the remaining icons (calendar, inbox and dashboard) nothing happens but a blank screen. It only seem affects my laptop, and the mobile app and going on a different computer works. I went on different times of the day and it remains the same. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Allie-B ...

Although Edge is a supported web browser while using Canvas, Community members generally recommend to use either an up-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser instead.  I think you'll find it to be a better browsing experience when using either of these browsers when navigating around the Canvas environment.  Please see What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas? for more information.  Thanks!

DrakeGillespie
Community Member

The same thing is happening for us as well. Very frustrating and seemingly impossible to find any help, been trying for an hour now. 

Hi @DrakeGillespie ...

Have you tried reaching out to the folks at Canvas Support to see if they'd be able to dig into this a bit with you?  We here in the Canvas Community wouldn't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, so it's a bit difficult to troubleshoot something like this.  I would recommend you check out this Guide, and you should *hopefully* find some contact information within your "Help" menu in the left-hand global navigation menu.  How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

Keep us posted here in the Community!