Canvas FFT login with Email

Jump to solution
iictmail13
Community Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have a teacher account with Canvas FFT.  I am facing a problem when my students login to the account.  The link for logging in provided to them is https://canvas.instructure.com

This link asks for Email and password.  If the student provides their email and password with which each of them had registered an error is shown - "Invalid username or password".  But instead of email id if they provide the user name and password then they are able to login.  So the option to ask for Email should be "User name" and not "Email". 

No idea if anyone has faced this problem.  Please help me to sort this problem.  Thanks in advance.

Mohan P

0 Likes
2 Solutions
iictmail13
Community Explorer
Author

Thank you for the clarification.  At the time of registration if the student uses a different login id other than the email address, then on subsequent logins the login id is only accepted and not the email id.  Although the login page asks for Email.  Presently I ask the students to login using their login id and not email to solve this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @iictmail13 

When creating a new FFT account even for students, it asks for an email, not a username, and the username is set to the email by default:

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 9.03.02 AM.png

I'm not sure why the "register with join code" option asks people to enter/create a username.

View solution in original post

0 Likes