Canvas Group Discussion Posts

Jump to solution
brooklynrich
Community Member

My professor put me in a group on Canvas with a handful of my other classmates and we're supposed to be working on a project together so I've been trying to contact them by posting discussion posts with questions but none of them have been responding to me. So my question is are they able to see my posts or are they just ignoring me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @brooklynrich ...

As long as your instructor has properly set up the group discussion topics where only a select number of classmates are grouped together for your discussion topic/assignment, those group members should be able to see your responses. Community members here cannot get access to your course, so this is a bit difficult to troubleshoot in a global Canvas Community website. How long has it been since you got access to the topic? How long has it been since you posted a reply? Essentially, how long have you been waiting for other group members to respond? Since discussion topics, by their nature, are asynchronous, students can respond at any time of the day or night. It's not a "live" chat like an online chat room where everyone is online at the same time. I'd say give it a bit more time...and if you're still concerned that your classmates aren't responding in a timely manner, reach out to your instructor to express your concerns. Maybe your instructor can nudge your group members to make sure they are participating in your assigned discussion topic.

How do I get help with Canvas as a student? -- You'll find instructions in here on how to contact your instructor.

I hope this will help a bit! Good luck to you!

View solution in original post