cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmountsier
Community Member

Canvas LMS app for Chromebooks?

Jump to solution

As an IT professional in a school district, I am being asked if there is a Canvas LMS app for Chromebooks.  I can find apps only for Android, Ipad, and Windows.  In the Chrome web store I can find only a Canvas Chrome Extension for curating and sharing company and industry content.  Is there a Canvas LMS app for Chromebooks?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mmountsier ‌ -- I have an Acer14 Chromebook, and I am able to run the Canvas Student app on it! I use it for easy testing when I create activities/resources for my students! I wasn't able to install Android apps until fairly recently (3-4 months ago?), so I hope one of the updates to the operating system made it possible for you and your students to do the same. If you have a few minutes, it would be great to hear from you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

There is not. Our students just use the web interface in Chrome when working on a Chromebook.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mmountsier ‌ -- I have an Acer14 Chromebook, and I am able to run the Canvas Student app on it! I use it for easy testing when I create activities/resources for my students! I wasn't able to install Android apps until fairly recently (3-4 months ago?), so I hope one of the updates to the operating system made it possible for you and your students to do the same. If you have a few minutes, it would be great to hear from you!

View solution in original post

jawhite
Community Participant

Hi Kristin, can you provide me with the link to install the Canvas app on Chromebooks? Thank You

If you have the Google Play store installed, you can search for it! Here's the direct link too: Canvas Student - Apps on Google Play