Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanda_robertso
Community Participant

Canvas Messaging- Gmail

Jump to solution

Two things...

1) I have my Canvas messages forwarded to my school's Gmail. However, it does not show the full thread of the messages, so sometimes this makes it difficult for me to know what a student is talking about when they respond. 

Is there a way to forward your original message along with the response to Gmail?

2) Is there a way to communicate with Inactive students through Canvas messaging?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @amanda_robertso ,

I don't believe there is a way to get the full message sent as an email. It is really just a notification system that lets you know that there has been a response. Now I may be wrong, so somebody with more knowledge may respond too. You could load the Teacher app on your phone and then you can see the full thread via the inbox. It works quite well.

As far as inactive students, I think it would depend on whether they are active on campus or not. You might be able to message them directly through the inbox, but that too could depend on what the settings are for your institution.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @amanda_robertso ,

I don't believe there is a way to get the full message sent as an email. It is really just a notification system that lets you know that there has been a response. Now I may be wrong, so somebody with more knowledge may respond too. You could load the Teacher app on your phone and then you can see the full thread via the inbox. It works quite well.

As far as inactive students, I think it would depend on whether they are active on campus or not. You might be able to message them directly through the inbox, but that too could depend on what the settings are for your institution.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

amanda_robertso
Community Participant

Thank you!

amanda_robertso
Community Participant

Thank you so much Randy!