Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryBesmonte
Community Member

Canvas Observer - Dashboard/Courses and Grades please sort by Kid

Jump to solution

Hi! 

I have 2 kids and viewing the Dashboard, Courses and Grades could be a lot easier.  Can you pretty please sort by Student?   Please, for the parent's sanity. 🙂

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

Currently, the easiest way to see information student-by-student is with Canvas Parent. What is the Canvas Parent app? 

You share very fair concerns! I am optimistic that these frustrations will be short-lived because of the note in the Q4 Roadmap ( Product Roadmap - Instructure Community ) Keep an eye on the  Canvas Product Releases! When I see the update, I'll do my best to post here, too.

Web Features

Create a Dashboard student filter for Observer roles.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi!

Currently, the easiest way to see information student-by-student is with Canvas Parent. What is the Canvas Parent app? 

You share very fair concerns! I am optimistic that these frustrations will be short-lived because of the note in the Q4 Roadmap ( Product Roadmap - Instructure Community ) Keep an eye on the  Canvas Product Releases! When I see the update, I'll do my best to post here, too.

Web Features

Create a Dashboard student filter for Observer roles.

View solution in original post

LianneYarvis
Community Member

While the CanvasParent app may make it easier to toggle between multiple children, it's not a great workaround.

I have the exact same problem (as I'm sure many parents do) and learned that you can customize the dashboard --- you can drag & drop the course 'boxes' that appear on the dashboard and sort them however you want (just click & drag to where you want them).  You can also customize the background color of each course 'tile'.

For now this has given me a better way to segregate multiple kids on the single dashboard view provided to parents.  

I've arranged the dashboard tiles so each child's courses are clumped together and they all have the same background color.   (color re-assignment also works on the calendar page if you're tracking due dates, etc).

Hope this might help you @MaryBesmonte 

These are great tips while Observers wait for the release of the "toggle" to switch between students on the dashboard!