cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlennox
Community Participant

Canvas Parent Observer Issues

We've had a lot of trouble with getting our parents logged in to the Canvas Parent app. The observer accounts they create from the web are giving an "Invalid Credential" error message when they attempt to use the same login with the Canvas Parent app. 

6 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I haven't seen that error before, and it should work easily for Observers to go from their observer account to the Canvas Parent app. Have you submitted a ticket with Canvas Support? If so, were they able to share anything with you?

mlennox
Community Participant

Thanks, Kristin. I really appreciate it.

lalesi
Community Participant

We had the same issue.   Apparently it is two different accounts.   I asked Canvas tech support if we had a way to merge them or upload our present parent account to the parent apps account and was told no.

mlennox
Community Participant

Our logins are working for our parents. When they launch the app for the first time they click the "Log in to Canvas" button. They search for Jesuit Tampa. Then they log in. Once logged in they add their student's account. 

js_sahin
Community Member

We are having the same issues.  It actually loops from the menu from asking to the credentials.  

Anyone get answer yet?

Also we have parents who been in the system in the past and they are trying to create observer role by creating a new login "Parent of a Canvas User" but  when provide their email address they keep getting error stating the email already exist. Of course the email exist since they were pervious observers but they are unable to create observer role as suggseted by Canvas, becuase the new way automatically connects the observers to their children without having to use SIS.  Anyone have any solutions to this besides for parents providing yet another email address, which some don't have?

How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent? 

Thanks

-Janet

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

mlennox,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie