cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbieber
Community Participant

Canvas + Seesaw

Jump to solution

I would love to hear from others that are using Canvas + Seesaw in the elementary setting (PK-5).

Thank you in advance!

61 Replies

Are you using Seesaw for Schools? I also you are using Clever, what is the

purpose?

On Thu, May 28, 2020, 1:55 PM jbieber@spencerschools.org <

In the launch url section, where did you get that address?

On Thu, May 28, 2020, 1:55 PM jbieber@spencerschools.org <

shara
Community Participant

Would you please share with me step by step. I've added it as a redirect in the navigational menu - but there are some issues.. Especially when students are accessing via the mobile app in Canvas student since SeeSaw requires the app in ios. Any help would be appreciated!

I saw your screenshot - but I don't fully understand:(

chillman
Community Participant

You will have to use a browser on the iPad and not the iOS app. I have asked Seesaw about using another browser or allowing the web access in the app and they said it isn't possible.  If you use a browser, you can change the url where it says https://app.seesaw.me/ , change it to web instead of app and then it works.

shara
Community Participant

So oddly enough.. today I played and updated both the Canvas app and my ipad.. And it worked! I have "SeeSaw" in my navigation by redirect and when I select from iOS it takes me to seesaw and back out to the Canvas App!! I made a screencast to show the functionality. It won't let me upload here, but would be happy to share.

I would like to see how you integrated Seesaw into Canvas.  I will be doing the same (I hope) for my K-2 teachers this summer to prepare them for an exciting new year of hybrid learning.

Just saw this follow-up post.  Thanks for the info!

Could you share this with me, please?

Lisa Perry

4th Grade Teacher

Liberty Elementary

AdvancED Building Chair

*“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”-Aesop *

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:04 PM shara@esu2.org <instructure@jiveon.com>

tcampbell1
Community Participant

Hi all,

Here are the steps I used to get this set up in our instance:

1. go to Admin -> Settings -> Apps
  2. in the search box, search for and open the "Redirect Tool" app
  3. click the "+ Add App" button
  4. In the "Name" field, type "Seesaw" without the quotes
  5. In the "URL Redirect" field, enter "https://app.seesaw.me/#/login" without the quotes
  6. Uncheck the "Force open in new tab (For External Links Only)" option
  7. Check the "Show in Course Navigation" option
  8. Click the "Add App" button to save it.

These steps should add the Seesaw link to the course navigation in all your classes by default.

Just note that if you don't have admin access to your Canvas instance, you will need your Canvas admin to do this for you.

alunsfor
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Jessica, I am the canvas admin for our district and are you adding the app at the district level or at the course level?