cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natalie_coleman
Community Member

Canvas Shells??

Jump to solution

Hi- anyone know how to edit/remove CANVAS shells from their staff dashboard?

I have last years shells, as well as this years and its beginning to get confusing.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @natalie_coleman  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but my response should apply for either role.  Your school may have policies and/or procedures in place for the number of past courses that you still see within your Canvas environment.  You will want to check with your school's local Canvas administrator to see what those policies and procedures are...and if having those courses you no longer need could potentially be removed from your Canvas view.  The majority of Community users here wouldn't be able to help beyond what I've mentioned because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your Canvas courses.  I hope this helps, Natalie.

View solution in original post

orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @natalie_coleman ,

If you are just trying to manage what courses show up in your dashboard, you might take a look at this guide on how to manage your course list. You may have to live with all of the previous courses but you don't have to have them appear on your dashboard. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12896-4152719654 If you are a student, the process is nearly identical. Hope this helps.

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @natalie_coleman  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but my response should apply for either role.  Your school may have policies and/or procedures in place for the number of past courses that you still see within your Canvas environment.  You will want to check with your school's local Canvas administrator to see what those policies and procedures are...and if having those courses you no longer need could potentially be removed from your Canvas view.  The majority of Community users here wouldn't be able to help beyond what I've mentioned because we do not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your Canvas courses.  I hope this helps, Natalie.

orwinr
Community Champion

Hi  @natalie_coleman ,

If you are just trying to manage what courses show up in your dashboard, you might take a look at this guide on how to manage your course list. You may have to live with all of the previous courses but you don't have to have them appear on your dashboard. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12896-4152719654 If you are a student, the process is nearly identical. Hope this helps.