Canvas Studio Invalid YouTube URL

Jump to solution
Megan13
Community Member

I uploaded a video from YouTube using the URL no problem last week.  Now I am trying to do it the same way and it says invalid URL.  It's my video on YouTube and it has the same share settings for anyone with a link.  I am copying the URL from the shareable link and I also tried just from the address bar.  The video plays on YouTube and has the link.  I see it ready.  But Studio keeps saying invalid URL and I am not sure what the cause would be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
lyle_ruggles
Community Explorer

We also experienced this issue. It is something that Canvas needs to fix on their end but here is the workaround. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 8.57.03 AM.png

The problem comes when you import a YouTube video into Canvas Studio and the default privacy settings are set to 'private'.
Even if you change it later to 'unlisted' or 'public', Canvas Studio still detects this has being a private video.

When you upload your video, as long as you select your default privacy settings to 'unlisted', you will have no issues importing to Canvas Studio.

Unfortunately, you'll need to re-upload each of the videos to YouTube and set the default to 'unlisted' and then add each link back to Studio.

View solution in original post