cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLHodges
Community Member

Canvas Studio Issue

I  have a 2017 iMac Pro running Monterey 12.5 . When I launch Studio within Canvas, I can access my computer's camera in Webcam Capture, but when I choose Screen Capture and want to record "Both" I click on the "Select Webcam" option and no camera list appears. The link just turns blue. Since I am unable to select a camera - it never asks for permission to use the camera - ergo, Screen Recorder does not appear in the apps list which can use the camera in Privacy Settings. If I boot in safe mode - I CAN choose a camera from a list, but my computer cam is not on that list. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried different browsers, trashed every app that I don't need along with their preferences. My IT folks are working with me, but so far no solution. 

I tried the process using another iMac Pro in the department and it works fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Just hoping to clarify, are you trying to use your built in camera and not an external webcam?  I wonder if other similar apps recognize your camera, such as screencast-o-matic or Facetime.  Here is a page with a few options to try, such as checking the Screen Time settings and resetting the SMC.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211130 

The issue is with the built-in camera on my iMac. The camera works for every application - including the Webcam Capture option in Canvas Studio, but the Screen Capture option in Studio will not let me select a webcam.

0 Kudos

one side note . . . I booted in safe mode and I COULD select a webcam when using the Screen Capture option. Makes me think there may be some application on my iMac that is causing the problem. I eliminated several apps but still didn't help.
0 Kudos

and thanks for the link. None of the options suggested helped with this issue, but sometimes you only get to the solution by eliminating options.