Canvas Studio Issue

Jump to solution
JLHodges
Community Member

I  have a 2017 iMac Pro running Monterey 12.5 . When I launch Studio within Canvas, I can access my computer's camera in Webcam Capture, but when I choose Screen Capture and want to record "Both" I click on the "Select Webcam" option and no camera list appears. The link just turns blue. Since I am unable to select a camera - it never asks for permission to use the camera - ergo, Screen Recorder does not appear in the apps list which can use the camera in Privacy Settings. If I boot in safe mode - I CAN choose a camera from a list, but my computer cam is not on that list. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried different browsers, trashed every app that I don't need along with their preferences. My IT folks are working with me, but so far no solution. 

I tried the process using another iMac Pro in the department and it works fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We hope you are doing well and that you’ve found an answer to your question!

The Community Team acknowledges that this thread does not have a proper answer, though it appears to be a device/software issue from the existing posts. We are marking this post as a temporary solution to help Community Members find and respond to the newest and most active threads.

At any time, any Community member can click the “Not the Solution” option and then respond in-thread with your follow-up questions. It’s important to include @CommunityForums in that reply so we can restore the entire topic to our list of unanswered questions we check routinely.

View solution in original post