cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwarren7

Canvas Studio video length

I am wondering about the maximum length/time/size of videos we can record and upload and also how many videos we can upload. 

My college is going to an A/B format where half the class (the A group) meets face to face one day and online one day (and vice versa for the B group). We have been told we should be recording those face to face sessions each day. My classes are 75-minutes long. Administration says to record those, our tech center says no, we can't record anything over about 10 minutes in Canvas Studio. 

Which is correct? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @jwarren7 ...

I think these Guides will give you some insights and answers to your questions about videos and Canvas Studio:

I hope these Guides will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Scott26
Community Member

I am just a teacher, and in no way affiliated with Canvas.  Although their program is pretty good, their customer support and ability to answer questions is lousy.

Everywhere I read, Canvas says to keep it short.  Personally, I have been recording 25-35 minute videos for my students and it works fine.  Last year, I recorded entire lectures.  This year I am using Conferences with the white board capability.  The files get rather large, but as long as you link them to your Canvas sections or through Google drive (as an mp4), it works.

0 Kudos