cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_lewyckyj
Community Member

Canvas Teacher App Error Message

I am trying to log in using the Canvas Teacher App. I am able to find my school and enter my email and password, the clever loading page appears, then a message pops up saying "There was an unexpected error. Please try again." I have tried deleting the app and re-downloading it. Not sure what else I can do to access this. 

Thank you for your help,

Jamie

6 Replies
Community Champion

Hi  @j_lewyckyj  !  In September, people stated that they were having trouble logging into the teacher app.  (https://community.canvaslms.com/message/118098-anyone-had-issues-logging-into-the-canvas-teacher-app).  It was suggested to contact Canvas Support.

Best of luck!

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@j_lewyckyj ‌, 

There have been two updates to the Canvas Teacher app this week, which have a fixed for this issue. Can you download the latest version and try again? Let me know what happens. Thanks! 

Hi Ryan,

I deleted and re-downloaded teacher canvas. I still get ?There was an unexpected error. Please try again.? I log in, it brings me to clever loading page and then that message shows up.

Thank you for your help,

Jamie

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @j_lewyckyj ‌, 

My guess is this has something to do with how your school logs into the app. It's definitely not playing nice with the app. My suggestion would be to contact your local Canvas tech support so they can investigate this further and see if it's isolated to your phone or other users within your school. I was able to load the login screen, but I can't try it because I don't have the credentials to access your school.  Let me know what you find out. Thanks. 

Hi  @j_lewyckyj ‌ - Just checking in to see if you were able to figure this out? Thanks! 

Yes everything is figured out. Teacher app is working now. Thank you!