cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BStutzman
Community Contributor

Canvas Teacher App Issues

Jump to solution

We are experiencing issues in the app when filtering by section.  If the filter is on, and a section is applied, the app goes to a Whoops!  screen.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  We are using iPads and the latest version of the app.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Belinda -

A colleague of mine discovered the error this past weekend. I don't have an immediate answer, but it sounds like a worthwhile ticket through Canvas Support. We'll submit the same. The "Whoops!" screen does state that they are aware of the error, so I'm optimistic that a fix in the works for the next release of Canvas Teacher.

View solution in original post

BStutzman
Community Contributor

Thanks!  The app is useless as it stands today because of this.

9 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Belinda -

A colleague of mine discovered the error this past weekend. I don't have an immediate answer, but it sounds like a worthwhile ticket through Canvas Support. We'll submit the same. The "Whoops!" screen does state that they are aware of the error, so I'm optimistic that a fix in the works for the next release of Canvas Teacher.

BStutzman
Community Contributor

Thanks!  The app is useless as it stands today because of this.

I know it's significant, but I still think that there are lots of ways that Canvas Teacher can be helpful! For example, I have had good luck working from the To-Do list and making minor adjustments to assignments and module content statuses. Hang in there. An update is coming soon! Smiley Happy

csindaco
Community Participant

We are having the same issue with the iPad and Teacher app (cannot filter by class).  In my experience, speed grader can be actually speedier when evaluating work using the teacher app and iPad.  That option has come to a screeching halt.

lwittich
Community Member

We too are having this issue!  I have also found that some of the items I have graded will be marked ungraded the next time I open the app.  This is a huge problem when I had used the app to grade student presentations.  I can't exactly make them re-do the presentation.  I also found one instance where the total on the rubric was wrong.  It was off by 10 points.  

BStutzman
Community Contributor

True, but then you also have to do without some of the feedback options available in the Canvas Teacher App.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Everyone ~ I definitely understand your frustration. Because all of these are items related to functions not working as designed, the best way you can help the Mobile Team is to submit a ticket (How do I get help with the Teacher app on my iOS device?‌) and ask your local admin to escalate it. The best way for the Mobile Team to make changes is to look at the data that is sent along with those tickets. Smiley Happy

csindaco
Community Participant

Is there a timeline or any info available on a Teacher App update?

rachel_preston
Community Member

I am experiencing this issue in the app on both iOS and iPadOS in Spring 2021, ongoing for multiple weeks at this point. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the app to no avail (hoping there was an update I'd missed or simply that my installation was glitching).

When searching for possible solutions, I found this post, which is marked as "Solved" but when I click on the solution, I don't actually see a solution. I'm very confused.

Is the "solution" that I have to contact Canvas / Instructure support directly? If so, that doesn't sound "solved", that sounds, well, ongoing. What steps do I need to take to resolve this issue?