Canvas Teacher deletes comment text if you don't click on up-arrow as well as "Done"

Jump to solution
dpesetsky
Community Member

On the iPad, when you add a comment to a pin while annotating student work, Canvas Teacher deletes all your comment text with no warning message if you click on "Done" without first clicking on the up-arrow icon to the right of the text.  I only discovered this after writing many comments on many assignments, and receiving a message from a student that there were no comments associated with the pins on their submission.  I didn't even realize the up-arrow was a button.

Why the need to to click twice to save a comment?  Why no warning message when evidently unsaved text is about to be deleted.

Note that this works completely differently in the desktop version, where you just need to type a carriage return to save the comment and exit back to the document.  One reason that it never occurred to me to think the iPad version would have this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

This sounds similar to the question you posted earlier. if it's not, feel free to post back to this discussion. Thanks. 

View solution in original post