Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne2
Community Member

Canvas Theme Only Shows In Student View on Mac for Admin

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We have created sub accounts for a couple of demos and created a theme for each one.  We then assigned 3 of us as admins to both of the sub accounts, and we are already admins on the primary account.  When the two of us on Windows click on Admin\Sub Account X we see the new theme that is applied to that sub account.  We also see it looking at a course in that account regardless of view.  However the 3rd person, who is on a Mac, only sees the sub account theme when he is in Student View, at all other times he is seeing the primary account theme.  He has tried on Safari, Chrome and Firefox without any luck.  

The themes are built on top of the default canvas theme and the only changes are the images and the colours.  No CSS changes or anything fancy.

Any ideas please?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Wayne - While I'm not sure if this is the solution, sometimes having the high contrast view enabled changes to the experienced theme. Maybe that could have been checked? (What feature options can I enable in my user account as a student?‌)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Wayne - While I'm not sure if this is the solution, sometimes having the high contrast view enabled changes to the experienced theme. Maybe that could have been checked? (What feature options can I enable in my user account as a student?‌)

wayne2
Community Member

Thank you, I will ask my user to check this and see if it helps.  I will get back to you.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wayne2 ...

Another thought for you on this...  do you know if the third person (using the Mac) has cleared his cache/history in the browser he was using?  How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac?‌  That might help, too.

wayne2
Community Member

Thank you Chris, I will check.  However I don't believe it to be a cache issue as it is the first time he has visited this sub-account (as it is new) and it works fine on the student view.

wayne2
Community Member

Ok we worked out what it was for anyone that isn't sure.  The user had High Contrast UI on in their account preferences.  It says in the description, Note: Institution branding will be disabled.

James
Community Champion

Thank you for coming back and sharing the solution.

James
Community Champion

Good call,  @KristinL .

wayne2
Community Member

Sorry Kristin, I had actually forgotten you already suggested this.  If it wasn't for James I would never had remembered.  I have correctly now marked your reply as the answer Smiley Happy

I did ask the user why this didnt work for them when you originally posted this, however they were checking their browser settings not the account preferences in Canvas.