cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angeloflearning
Community Participant

Canvas Upload Issues

Jump to solution

Last year students regularly uploaded scanned documents, mostly using CamScanner.  This year we are getting submission & network errors.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Thanks!  Dena

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rheckrote ,  @angeloflearning ‌, 

For what it's worth, there have been a couple Canvas Student updates in the last few weeks. Although CamScanner has always worked for me in the past, and still does, it might be worth trying again. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there,  @angeloflearning !

Unfortunately, it seems like this has been creeping up with other people as well:

Out of curiosity, is all of this done using the mobile apps? Or are they using CamScanner to save to a cloud storage location and then using Canvas Web? I only ask, because in one of those threads above,  @rseilham ‌ mentioned going from CamScanner -> Cloud Storage (Dropbox for example) -> Canvas Student App to see if that worked (if everything is currently taking place on a mobile device).

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @angeloflearning ‌, 

Like Kenneth asked, is this being done from the Canvas Student app? If so, 

1. Android, iOS, or both?
  2. How are they submitting the assignment? 
  3. What's the error? 

I tried on an iPhone and it worked, but maybe I just got lucky. Thanks. 

Both

They scan using an app which converts to  a pdf  (I have tried three different scanning apps- none worked)

First says file received then getting "network error" (happens at home and school so not school wifi) and a "submission" error

Worked beautifully last year

Thanks!  Dena

Done using the student app.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the additional information. Let me research this a little more. Thanks. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@angeloflearning ‌, 

I don't have much to add to this right now. I do know that network errors are tricky can they can be caused by a number of reasons. The one questions I didn't ask was, does this happen in multiple places (home wifi, work wifi, cellular data?). This could be helpful to identify if it's the app or the network you are connected to. Thanks!

Yes - we tried at home and school and app doesn’t work. Weird because it worked fantastic last year. Dena

Sent from my iPad

laynemoseley
Instructure
Instructure

Hi!

Sorry for the trouble, we're looking into this!

Layne

Mobile Team Lead

Thanks so much! I LOVE Canvas School used Google Classroom – not impressed.