cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtomaszewski
Community Member

Canvas and Google Apps

Jump to solution

I'm very excited about the potential this new integration brings to our courses. In testing out the Google Doc external tool assignment, it appears that Speed Grader is still pulling in the assignments as PDF. The students assignments are also not viewable in the preview mode and must be downloaded to view. Looking at comments on other threads it looks like this was to be addressed in a release earlier this month. Has this taken place yet? Is there something I'm missing?

1 Solution
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Jeremy,

Our engineers have deployed the fix for Google cloud assignments in SpeedGrader in the production environment. I've noted the update in the release notes, but I figured I could also add a note here as well. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Erin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Jeremy!

This behavior was previously resolved, but we had another case where the PDF functionality came back. So our engineers are at it again right now. However, when it's addressed, the fix can only support new submissions and any existing will still be displayed with PDF.

I'd recommend watching Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-02-18)‌ to get an update as to when the behavior is fully resolved.

Thanks!

Erin

erinhmcmillan
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Jeremy,

Our engineers have deployed the fix for Google cloud assignments in SpeedGrader in the production environment. I've noted the update in the release notes, but I figured I could also add a note here as well. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Erin

It's working great! Thanks!!