Canvas and Speedgrader and identifying late papers

Jump to solution
carmen_vallis1
Community Explorer

I need to list all the students in a very large cohort who have not submitted a paper. The plan was to go to Canvas and sort the marks by “Missing” to list those students who have not submitted, then go through a process of manually listing the students SIDs on an Excel spreadsheet. But the exported file doesn't distinguish between those that are not marked and those who have not submitted.

How would I list all the students have not submitted a paper on Canvas/Speedgrader?. When exporting spreadsheet, there’s no distinction between those that are not marked and those who have not submitted? Is it possible to list all the “missing” by SID ?

Basically, Is there a better way to identify late papers? They show in Canvas on the interface with various shades of blue (the darker the later), but want to have a quicker way to list it on an excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @carmen_vallis1 ...

It almost sounds like you are trying to get missing student assignments via the Gradebook and SpeedGrader.  By chance, have you used New Analytics in your course?  There is a "Missing Assignments" report that you can run which I think would be very beneficial for you.  (There are also reports for "Late Assignments" and "Excused Assignments" ... among others.)  Check out this Guide: How do I view and download reports in New Analytic... - Canvas Community.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post