Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmk24

Canvas course card in Dashboard

Jump to solution

When you add an image to a course card in the dashboard, is there anyway I can disable to color overlay?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
victoria-maloy
Community Champion

Not currently, but if you take a look at " modifiedtitle="true" title="Remove colour overlay from course cards that have an image you'll see that the feature idea has moved to the "Gathering Info" stage.   Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

7 Replies
victoria-maloy
Community Champion

Not currently, but if you take a look at " modifiedtitle="true" title="Remove colour overlay from course cards that have an image you'll see that the feature idea has moved to the "Gathering Info" stage.   Smiley Happy

abunag
Community Champion

@victoria-maloy ​ gave you the correct answer.  I'd also like to mention that you can try to change the color to make it more visible, but that only does it for you.  Each student is going to have a different color for the card.  Personally I haven't found a great way to use this feature, but it seems to be best visible by using line-art or a black-and-white image.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

I hope that anyone who is interested in customizing Dashboard course cards will join me for a CanvasLIVE​ quick demo, Add Images to Your Course Cards, coming up on Thursday, January 19, 2017. Teachers and admins who are already familiar with the process of adding images to course cards will find this to be a quick refresher; those of you who haven't yet tried this will learn the how-to's, and will also pick up some tips and tricks on image selection and sizing. RSVP “yes” to the event if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.

klogan1

This issue has been fixed. There is now a toggle for color overlay in the Dashboard settings.

kloganand  @cmk24 , that is correct. As of the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11052-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-05-13 individual users can opt to enable or disable the color overlay. This is a user preference, not a course or account setting.

agray309071

Mine is flashing and I don't know how to fix it.. I can't open anything on the dashboard.

@agray309071 , it looks like you’ve already gotten some good feedback/suggestions on this question over on this post - https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/19885-dashboard-is-flashinghow-do-i-fix-it 

Please make sure to check back on that post and provide some feedback on whether those suggestions helped or not.