Canvas does not load updated page, uses cache page.

Jump to solution
hydea
Community Novice

Several students had an issue of not being able to complete a quiz that was transporte/imported from Etudes.  I fixed the question in the quiz and it displays properly on my computer.  Then I tried it from my iPad and my Samsung tablet.  In both cases, it reloaded the old page, not the new one.  On the Samsung, I used a cache cleaner (Norton) to make sure it was clear.  It still reloaded the old page.  On the Apple, I thought it was an iPad issue, but perhaps not.  My students are still having issues too.  Doesn't Canvas fetch the latest page from the server each time?  If not, that is a serious flaw.

Samsung running on google chrome; iPad running IOS 11.xxx.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@hydea ,

It's not a caching issue. Canvas does not change a quiz after it has been delivered to students. When you go to edit a quiz that students have already started taking, there's a big information notice on a blue background that shows up.

257050_pastedImage_5.png

Here is the warning from the top of the Canvas Instructor's Guide: Once I publish a quiz, how do I make additional changes? 

Once you publish a quiz and make it available to your students, you can make changes to the quiz. Original quiz data is retained as part of any existing student submissions. However, students who have already opened or completed the quiz will not see any changes you make, which may affect their grades. These types of changes include adding new questions or deleting questions from the original quiz.

View solution in original post